Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Dimensions, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So Chapter 11-04 we're looking at dimensions in this one.…And we're concentrating on positioning dimensions here.…And then we'll look at adjusting them in the next video.…So dimension tool is this one.…You've got linear and angular.…You also need this thing, the Dimension Style Tray.…So that's going to sit down there.…This doesn't spring in to life until you click on this.…You can't sort of pre-format your dimensions…until you've clicked on this tool.…Cursor changes to the pencil with the dimension symbol…next to it and then we get to play with these buttons.…
So above, in line with the dimension line, and below it…and this is the orientation of the font,…or the numbers on the dimension line.…This is whether you display units or not.…And I'm currently set to decimal, millimeters.…But I could be architectural.…Hit no option with the architectural, it's got to be inches.…And then position down to 1/64".…Engineering.…Feet.…Fractional.…Feet.…
So it's only the decimal that gives me the option to change…to imperial or metric units.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.