Once a design is ready to be documented, you can add dimensions. In this video, discover how to add dimensions and how to change the style and color of dimensions.
- [Instructor] To add visible measurements to your model…you can use the dimensions tool.…This is found under Tools, Dimensions,…or if you have your Large Tool Set open…under View, Tool Palettes, Large Tool Set,…you can find the icon here.…So once your Dimensions tool is activated,…you're going to look for some end points to reference.…So over here on the roof, I'm going to find an end point,…click and release, and then another one,…click and release, and move my cursor outwards.…
To set that in place,…I'm going to click and release a third time.…Let's try that again.…Find an end point in the wall,…I can also reference mid points,…but I'll go ahead and scroll all the way down…to the other end point.…Click and release to set it.…Let's try that one more time.…Click and release on an end point,…click and release on one more end point,…and move your cursor upward.…Click and release to set it.…
Now I want to change a few things about these dimensions.…I don't really like that I can't see the gray ones,…so I'm going to go ahead and change the color.…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Customizing toolbars
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Modeling from a floor plan image
- Resizing and rotating objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and exporting your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
What you should know1m 16s
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Modeling from a Floor Plan Image
7. Document and Stylize
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.