Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Dimensioning, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- We can also annotate our drawings…using the dimension tool.…We can find this either in the large toolset…or if we go into Tools, Dimensions it will pop up.…The dimension tool works very similar to the tape measure.…We hover over an object, we snap to something…like an endpoint, left click,…and then we drag until we snap to another point,…left click again and then we can drag the dimension…to wherever we want.…
Just like with labels,…that dimension will follow the camera.…Let's do this again.…Tools, Dimensions.…Let's measure the width of this trailer.…We're going to go to the endpoint here, left click,…drag all the way over here, left click,…pull up, and that's 33 feet.…We do this again, we can go from the top here…to the bottom here, drag right,…you can see that this is 9 feet tall.…
I can select these, and if I use my move tool…I can move them up and down or in and out.…Another thing we can do is right click over them,…so if I select this and right click over it,…I can go into a number of different options here.…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.