Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Differences in the Mac interface, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- For most of this course, I'm going to be using…the Windows version of SketchUp…so if you're on a Macintosh, using the OSX version,…then you'll need to be aware of some differences.…Now the first one is hotkeys.…The hotkeys in SketchUp on the mac…always start with a Command and then a letter…so for example, for Pan, it's cmd + r,…but in windows, it is simply the letter "h",…which is actually the same as the Photoshop Pan Tool.…
Orbit is very similar so Orbit is cmd + b,…but it's also the letter "o" so I'm gonna be calling…out the simpler shortcuts that will work on both…and if you're confused about a shortcut,…you can always just go to the Menus…and they're listed right here.…Now another difference is the middle-click button.…I do want you to use a three-button…mouse with the Macintosh.…It makes using SketchUp that much easier,…but you will need to configure one thing…so if you go into System Preferences,…and go into Mission Control, you want to make sure…you Deactivate the middle-mouse button for Mission Control…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.