- Our next job is to build the interior surfaces…of the Slideout.…Let's turn off a lot of these different Layers,…and orbit around.…So we can build this…by snapping rectangles in the right locations,…and before I start adding Plywood,…we should make a new Layer.…Let's call it Slideout Plywood.…Make it current.…And then click over here on the screen and press R.…
Draw a rectangle, and pull it out 3/4 of an inch.…Triple-click, and press G.…Press B and assign the Plywood material.…And because it's less than eight feet,…we don't have to adjust any of the texture map there.…Now, the floor here could also be Plywood,…or we could leave it with this composite material,…and cover it with carpet or something.…So I'm just going to leave it as it is.…Let's go ahead and press X…to go into X-Ray mode,…so that you can see through your object.…
So this Plywood is starting at the absolute corner,…and we're going to start our other sheet here.…But I'm kind of thinking ahead, and I'm realizing now…that the opposite side needs the same sheet of Plywood,…
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows step-by-step how to build a tiny house, including every virtual stud, sheet of plywood, and appliance going into the project. Along the way, he explores SketchUp features such as components, groups, layers, and textures. By building a house in SketchUp in this detailed manner, you can work out any unforeseen spatial conflicts in the design and virtually eliminate construction problems before you are in the field.
- Importing the house plan
- Framing the structure
- Laying studs and framing walls
- Adding plywood sheathing
- Paneling the roof
- Adding trim, windows, and siding
- Adding interior plywood
- Modeling windows and frames
- Designing the bed, cabinets, counters, and shower
- Adding furniture
- Modeling the trailer
- Animating the tiny house design
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Framing the Structure
3. Sheathing the Exterior
4. Applying Exterior Trim, Windows, and Siding
5. Working on the Interior
6. Designing the Slide Out
7. Integrating Built-in Features
8. Adding Furniture
9. Modeling the Trailer and Animating the Tiny House
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.