Join Scott Onstott for an in-depth discussion in this video Designing the shower, part of Designing a Tiny House with SketchUp.
- In this video we're going to build the shower but first…we need to see it, so let's orbit around.…Go up to the Window menu and open the Styles window.…Toggle on section planes and select the section plane.…Press "Q" and rotate the section plane 90 degrees.…Then press"M" and move it over.…And cut through the wall right about like that…so that you can see the shower in the corner…opposite the toilet enclosure.…
Flanking the entrance.…Let's make a new Layer and call it Shower…and set that Layer current by clicking on the radio button.…Then zoom in and select the sub floor…and press "H" to hide that.…Then double click on the CAD Layer to open it for editing.…Press "L" and draw a line across there…and another one there to create surfaces.…Let's make another surface over there, ok.…So those are gonna be the surfaces we need for the partition…I'm going to shift +select them,…cut them to the clip board by pressing command + "X",…press "Z" to zoom extents, click outside the group,…zoom back in, press "V" to paste them in place,…
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows step-by-step how to build a tiny house, including every virtual stud, sheet of plywood, and appliance going into the project. Along the way, he explores SketchUp features such as components, groups, layers, and textures. By building a house in SketchUp in this detailed manner, you can work out any unforeseen spatial conflicts in the design and virtually eliminate construction problems before you are in the field.
- Importing the house plan
- Framing the structure
- Laying studs and framing walls
- Adding plywood sheathing
- Paneling the roof
- Adding trim, windows, and siding
- Adding interior plywood
- Modeling windows and frames
- Designing the bed, cabinets, counters, and shower
- Adding furniture
- Modeling the trailer
- Animating the tiny house design
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2015 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 54m Appropriate for all
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Framing the Structure
3. Sheathing the Exterior
4. Applying Exterior Trim, Windows, and Siding
5. Working on the Interior
6. Designing the Slide Out
7. Integrating Built-in Features
8. Adding Furniture
9. Modeling the Trailer and Animating the Tiny House
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.