Model roof brackets and copy them as components in the scene.
- [Instructor] If you look closely where the…dormer walls meet the roof, you'll see that…there are brackets that we should model.…And these appear to be made with four by fours.…So let me go ahead and orbit here…and draw in a rectangle on this surface…that measures three-point-five comma…three-point-five.…Which is the actual size of a four by four.…And then I'll press P and pull that forward.…I'll go back into photo one.…
Triple click on this object and press G…to make a group.…And then I'll move that over.…And then move it up to more or less match…the position of that object.…I'll press S to scale, maybe just scale that…back a little bit in this case.…Now it appears that there's another piece…of wood going down, and another piece on…a 45 degree angle.…So what I'll do is just press M for move,…select the object, start moving it,…press and release the Option key on the Mac,…Control key in Windows, to make a copy.…
Then I'll use these handy red symbols on the group…that allow me to rotate the object.…I'll rotate it 90 degrees.…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Appropriate for all
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.