Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video DPC and damp-proof membrane (DPM), part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So before we add our our Damp Proof Course…and Damp Proof Membrane,…we've got to put some sand in here over the top of the…hardcore so we take away any sharp, protruding stones,…and then we can lay our Damp Proof Membrane on top…of that, that's just like a thick Polythene,…though they come under many different trade names.…First up we'll put 50 mill of sand.…Now I've also tidied up my Outliner by selecting the…Blowgram Block Mortar and just turn them into groups,…so Select them all, Right click,…Make Group and then rename that,…just tidies up the whole thing,…otherwise there's too many objects in the Outliner.…
So, Rectangle tool, where we come to this corner point…and go to this corner point,…and then we'll PushPull, 50 mill, Enter…three clicks, Right click Make Component,…and we'll call this 50 mill Blinding,…and then Create, so that's our sand.…Now we can put our Damp proof Membrane on top of that.…
So there are many schools of though really as to how the…Damp Proof Membrane and the Damp Proof Course interact.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.