Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating textures from scratch: Windows, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Instructor] Chapter 05_06 is all about creating materials…from scratch and as we are using the Windows version here,…the process is really, really simple.…The most important thing is to have a library of good…textures, seamless textures that you've got…either from creating them yourselves…or go to one of the many great websites…out there that have access to seamless textures.…Some of the ones I've used in the past…are sketchuptextures.com, CG textures…and also there's texture.com.…
So there's some fantastic websites out there…that have access to many, many good textures…whether they are image based or procedural based.…Those are sort of computer generated textures.…Okay so, the process is open up the materials window…and then click on this icon create material,…and we'll give it a name so we'll create a timber sort…of siding or cladding depends on what you prefer to call it.…So I'm calling it timber siding.…
And I'm not going to use color because I'm going to use a texture.…If you wanted to just create a color,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.