Create bargeboards with a slope for the second-floor roof.
- [Instructor] Let's focus on creating the bargeboards here…on the upper roof slopes on the second floor.…So what I'll do is zoom in…and click the Photo Point Tool…and click right at the top of that white area.…Then switch to Photo1 and zoom into that same area…and use the Photo Tool again.…I'll orbit around…and where those two guidelines intersect,…I'll draw a line and in this case,…SketchUp is able to identify an intersection point.…
That may or may not be the case for you.…If it's not, just eyeball a line,…that's as close as possible…to the intersection of the guides.…Then go ahead and delete the guides.…Switch back to Photo1…and draw a line in the green direction.…Then I can go ahead and erase the vertical line.…So now I know that this line terminates…in the correct location in 3D space.…And we can verify that by going to Photo2…and seeing that line ends there.…
Let's go ahead and rotate this line.…I'll choose Tools, Rotate.…I'll rotate it in the red direction.…So I'll click right there…and then click the endpoint over here and move it.…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Appropriate for all
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.