Using the Photo Point tool, locate a significant point in 3D space which you use to locate the bargeboards on the roof of the porch.
- [Instructor] In this video, we'll build the…barge boards here that are on the front of the…gable roof covering the porch.…To locate this point in three-dimensional space,…we'll use the photo point tool, which is…located right here in the Match Photo dialogue.…I'll click that tool, zoom in, and click a point…right here at the top of the white area,…and it says, "You can use the guideline you just…"created in another matched photo scene."…And if I orbit, you'll see that we have…a guideline that was automatically created.…
It's not useful yet, because there's just one guideline.…The intention of this tool is that you go into…a second photo and you do the process again.…So I'll click this tool, and click right here…at the top of the gable where it crosses that line,…just click once right there.…And that will create a secondary guideline.…And you can see that if you orbit.…See now we have two guidelines, and where they…intersect is the point that we've located…in three-dimensional space.…
So I'll draw a line and I'll try to snap there,…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.