Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the sill and jamb, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- It's now time to add the timber sill and the timber jam.…Now these things line up together…if you just look down here we've got these…so that these flush at the front.…And they're set back from the edge of the brick 15mil.…Now we haven't put in our sill brick yet.…We'll put that in a bit later.…But we'll bring these profiles in.…And if you haven't got access to the premium content…then you can either draw something…that looks a bit similar to that.…
The overall size of this is approximately…we're looking at 126 there, we've got 44mil there.…And then this thing comes in approximately 70mil.…So you could sort of work out a shape based on that.…And similarly the jam would be the same depth as the sill.…And you would then have something…that would be about 44mil thick.…
And this offset here is about 72mil OK.…So this bit is going to correspond with this bit here.…So went it wraps around there is…a little bit of a difference in the frame…because what we would have on the jam side…a load of extra sills that we're not going to put in.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 25m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.