Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the plans and sections, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Instructor] Chapter 9:04, we're going to create…the plans and sections.…Now, I've already created the extra scene tabs for us.…So, choose right view, and then click the plus sign…five times and then we can rename them roof plan,…floor plan, section a-a, section b-b, section c-c.…These will line up here across the top.…And what we also need to do is create a shaded…with textures scene that displays the cuts…for our sections.…
So with our shaded with textures, not selected at the moment…right click, make a copy, and this is a TO…shaded with textures one.…We'll call it shaded with textures display cuts.…And click on this to update the name.…And then we will make sure that the cuts are turned on…and we're updated.…Okay, we're not showing the planes, just the cuts.…So shaded with textures display cuts,…that's going to give us the cuts,…and if you've got the Pro version,…it will display the fills, sort of section lines, as well.…
Okay, so we can start.…With roof plan selected, it'll be exactly the same…view as the right view, and the other good thing is…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.