Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating materials , part of SketchUp 8 Essential Training.
There are many times when you will want to create your own materials with your own texture.…So let's take a look at how to do that.…We're going to need something to texture, so let's go ahead and create a simple box.…I'm going to select the Rectangle tool and just sketch out just a reasonably…sized rectangle here, and just go ahead and use the Pull tool, hit P to pull…that up into a box, just a medium-sized box here.…Let's go ahead and create some materials for it, so I'm going to open up the…Materials window here and let's go ahead and create our own material.…
So in order to do that I need to go here to Create Material, this little…Plus sign here and just left click on that and it brings up a Create Material window.…And notice how this is almost an exact duplicate of the Edit Material window…that we had played with before.…So in this window you can set all the parameters for your materials.…So let's say we wanted to create something that was just a color.…So I can just type in a name for it Color and I can just select the color on the…
- Setting preferences
- Building scenes
- Pushing and pulling faces into 3D
- Creating 3D text
- Measuring and labeling models
- Creating, editing, and adjusting materials
- Projecting maps onto curved objects
- Modeling with floor plans
- Rendering a scene
- Geolocating models with Google Maps
- Modeling in Photo Match
- Hiding objects dynamically
- Creating solids
- Exporting objects for rendering
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know the Interface
2. Manipulating Objects
4. Measuring and Labeling
5. Working with Components
6. Organizing Scenes
7. Creating Textures and Materials
8. Rendering and Animating
9. Creating Terrain Using Sandbox
10. Using Photo Match and Google Earth
11. SketchUp Pro: Creating Dynamic Components
12. SketchUp Pro: Working with the Solid Tools
13. SketchUp Pro: Importing and Exporting
Exporting objects5m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.