Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the island unit, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Instructor] Chapter 07_04,…we're going to build this little island unit…in the middle of the kitchen.…And I've created the profile for it.…So if you've got access to the exercise files,…then click on the details button,…open or create a local collection,…Chapter Seven, Modelling the interior fixtures,…and then the 07 Components, select that folder,…and you'll find it's the top one,…so, Chapter 07_02, island unit side.…
This is the profile,…we'll build it outside and then move it in.…It's going to be easier,…give us a bit of space.…And first thing we're going to do is copy this…from one side to the other.…So using the move tool,…and tap the control key on Windows…or the alt option on Mac.…It's a 1060 millimeters or three foot six in imperial.…And then we'll create the top.…Okay, that's the top width…and then we'll move these in a little bit.…
So we go from the bottom corner…up to this top corner.…And then we'll come into that corner…and out to this corner.…And then with the eraser tool, E on the keyboard,…just get rid of those two lines…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.