Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the insulation clip, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So, to create the insulation clip…that sits in this area,…we are going to create a vertical surface first of all.…So, with the rectangle tool,…create a box that's 70 by 70 by 70.…So, the base first, 70, 70 enter.…And the push/pull tool…to create the height of the box at 70.…It's only this front surface that we're…really interested in.…
But it's sometimes the quickest way…to just create a simple vertical surface.…And we'll turn it into a group…so we can isolate the geometry.…So, three clicks, right click Make Group.…That's the first thing.…Now we're going to find the intersection point…of the center of this surface.…So, the tape measure tool.…We'll come in from the side to that point,…and from the base up to this point.…It should snap to the midpoints at 35 mil in.…
So that's those two done.…We now use the protractor tool…to create the angles.…So, 45 degrees in this direction and this direction.…So, with the protractor tool,…we click at the intersection point,…and that's one click.…The second click is vertical,…and the third click is going to be at 45 degrees.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro Tips and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 24m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.