Using the Photo Point tool, locate the roof over the dining room and create its bargeboards and roof surfaces.
- [Instructor] Let's go ahead and create this roof here.…So what I'll do is click on the Photo Point tool…in the Match Photo Dialogue box.…And then click at the top of this roof ridge.…Go back to photo four, click the Photo Point…tool a second time, and then click up here…a second time.…Now if I orbit, you'll see that we have…an intersection point of the guidelines.…And I can go ahead and draw a line in there.…
And it's always a good idea to orbit around…and see that that line is as close as…you can make it to the intersection…of those guidelines.…It looks like I could make that a little closer…if I drew another line here.…That looks better.…All right, now I'm going to delete the guidelines,…go back to photo four, and have a look at that there.…It looks a little low here, and in photo five…it looks right on.…
And I'm going to trust photo four a little more…than I trust photo five because…the model seems to fit the photo better here.…In photo five, we have a little bit of a…mismatch in different areas, so I'm more inclined…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.