Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the cavity tie, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details (2015).
- It's now time to create the cavity tie…and the insulation clip.…We�ll take this in two parts.…Firstly, we'll make the cavity tie,…and then in the following video…we'll make this insulation clip.…This is a simple follow me.…We're looking at a 60 mil diameter circle,…and an overall length of 280 millimeters.…We've got a little chunk taken out here and here.…I'll show you how to create that…without losing the integrity of the curve.…We've also got this little V drop down from there.…
So if we go over to chapter 03_06…and we can make a start.…So we'll start by making a base,…and it's going to be slightly oversized,…70 mil in the red direction…and 290 mil in the green direction.…So 70, 290, Enter.…And now I'll take our Tape Measure Tool,…and we'll put some grid lines in.…So we'll go to the midpoint of this one,…and we'll come down to the midpoint…of this edge.…
We'll also put one in at 35 mil…from this side and 35 mil from that side…so it gives us the center point of the circle.…So 35,…Enter, and 35,…Enter.…I'll now double click this rectangle…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.