Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the casement frame, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- We are now going to create the casement frame…which is this thing.…This involves the Follow Me tool.…There's only one profile for the casement frame…and one for the glazing bead…and then we've got these seals…and we've also got this thing here…which is the double glazing edge strip.…We'll position this frame…2mm off this face and 2mm off this face.…Again, there'll be some seals and brushes…in this sort of area.…So if we go over to Chapter 404…we can make a start.…
Again, we are going to use the Window Components…and we'll take, first the Casement Jam.…So let's just bring that in…and again it's orientated into the correct position.…And we're going to move this…so that this face is lined up with that face…and this face is lined up with this face.…Now they're 2mm off in this direction…so we move it on the red axis 2mm…and we'll move it in the green direction 2mm as well.…
So that's defined that bit.…What we can now do is create a path for the Follow Me tool.…If we draw the path on this section,…then the casement jam, the glazing bead and the seals…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro Tips and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 24m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.