Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the brick half, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- [Voiceover] In Chapter 3-02,…we're going to create this half brick.…Notice that we need a bit of tidying up to do…up here as well, because we either need to…put one in there or take these two out.…I'll take these two out.…Double click and select,…and delete those two bricks.…We've ended up with our three little jagged bits…that we'll need to fill in with the half bricks.…Now, these three here, are going to be…the ones we are going to use.…The point is bringing in the component to put in.…We'll use these, they're already lined up.…If we position them so that this edge…lines up with this edge,…then everything is going to be perfect.…
So we don't need to do any Math,…we need to just use the existing bricks…to do our alignment for us with these three selected.…To select the three,…you need your finger on the Ctrl key,…that's going to add to the selection.…If you are using the Mac, then it is the Alt/Opt key.…And, similarly, to copy, click on the Move tool,…tap the Ctrl, Alt or Opt keys,…and click at this point here.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.