Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the blockwork, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- In chapter 3-03 we're going to be creating…the above damp proof course block work…in pretty much the same way we've created the previous ones…so we'll be selecting this group.…And we're going to start by making a copy of that.…That's the move tool.…And then the modifier keys which are like the control key…if you're using the Windows machine or the alt or option key…if you're using the Mac.…So m for move and then up on the blue axis…we're looking at a height of 450 mil.…
So 450.…So let's position that in the right location.…Now you can use your outliner to rename…and I think I've just turned mine off…so I'll reload the outliner from the window menu…and select this.…This is now going to be renamed as above ground block.…And then by double clicking on that I can simply select…all the items inside of that.…And do a similar copy command using the move tool…up on the blue axis.…
And again that's 450.…And this time I'm gonna go 3x and enter…so again that array command so we can get up to…let's say one course above.…Now you could just trim off this top course…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro Tips and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 25m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.