Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Create shadows and fog, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- If you want to add a little bit more realism…to your scene you can also add shadows and fog.…Now these are on the View menu…and we have two options here.…One is Shadows and that turns on and off shadows,…and you can see those here…and we also have Fog which allows you…to have what's called a depth cue.…Now we can control these through Windows here.…Now on the Mac, you're going…to actually have a floating window,…but on Windows, you're going to go into…your Default Tray and make sure you have…Shadows and Fog clicked on and those should…show up in your Default Tray.…
In fact, I'm going to go ahead and pin this…so we can see it.…So we have two windows here,…again, on OSX it will be floating.…But Shadows allows you to change…exactly what time of day it is.…In fact, I'm going to go ahead and turn off Fog here…for right now.…So under Shadows, I can change the position of the sun…from sunrise to sunset.…I can change the date of the year…and I can change how much of a contrast…I have between light and dark.…
I can also turn on Use Sun for Shading…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.