Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Create rotated rectangles, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- There may be situations where you'll need…to draw a rectangle that's not perpendicular…to the major axes.…That's where the rotated rectangle tool comes in very handy.…We can access this in one of two places,…we can go to Draw, Shapes, Rotated Rectangle.…We also can use this pulldown menu on the toolbar…to choose Rotated Rectangle.…When this comes up, you'll notice that we have…this protractor tool.…
This allows us to set the initial angle.…Here's a little tip here, is that…if we use the arrow keys, we can lock it…to any one of the three axes.…The up arrow is the blue axis, the left arrow…is the green axis and the right arrow is the red axis.…Let's go ahead and lock this to the red axis.…Now I'm going to go ahead and set my initial point here,…left click, and then I'm going to go ahead and drag…my initial angle.…
Now I'm going to keep this perpendicular to the green axis…just to make it simple, and so what we're doing here…is we're now creating an angle as well as a length.…Notice in the bottom right hand corner how the angle is zero…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.