Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Create materials, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- There will be times…when editing existing Materials isn't enough…and you'll have to create your own Materials from scratch,…so let's take a look at how to do that.…It all happens in the Materials window,…so I'm going to go back into Materials,…and we don't actually have any Materials in this scene,…but if I go to Edit,…you'll see that there's a button right here…that says Create Material,…so I'm going to go ahead and click it,…and it brings up a window that looks very similar…to the Edit Materials window.…
So, the first thing I need…to do is give this Material a name.…Well, I'm going to do the table legs first,…so I'm going to go ahead and just give that a name of Legs.…And then we can pick a Color,…so I'm going to make this kind of a,…let's make it kind of a blue color here, maybe a light blue.…And then if we want, we can add Textures,…or adjust Opacity if we want.…And so, if I click OK,…you'll see that right here in my scene,…I have a Material now called Legs,…and I can select that…and use my paint bucket to fill those in.…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.