Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Create materials on a Mac, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- There are many times when the existing materials…in SketchUp aren't enough.…In those cases, we have to create…our own materials from scratch.…Let's take a look at the process for doing this on the Mac.…All this happens in the Materials window,…so let's go into Window, Materials.…As you can see by default we have just one material…in the scene.…In order to create new materials on the Mac,…you need to duplicate an existing material.…
It's a little bit different than Windows.…I'm going to select this default material, right click…and say Duplicate.…Now it's going to ask me for a name.…I'm just going to type in the name Leg,…so let's do the legs of that table first.…Now I have this material.…If I want, I can edit here, or another way…to do this is to right click over it and click Edit.…Now I'm going to go ahead and select my color picker,…and let's go ahead and just select a color for the legs,…and click Close.…
The hot tip here is you need to de-select and re-select…that material and then your paint bucket comes up.…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.