Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Create labels with the Text tool, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- If we need to annotate our drawings,…there are a couple of tools that we can use to help us.…One of these is the Text tool.…So we can find this on the toolbar here.…Looks like a little box with some text in it, with an arrow.…Or we can go to Tools, Text.…Now when I bring this up,…it creates this little icon here…with the text box icon.…So all I have to do is left-click on something and drag,…and then it will create basically a label…for whatever I've created.…
Now it's going to try and fill in the text box…with whatever it can find,…either the name of the object or dimension…or something like that,…but we can type over that with whatever text we want.…So this time, I'm going to type 18" Window,…and then click off of that.…Now once I have that label in,…it will always face the camera.…So this is a label that actually happens in 3D,…so if I go, say, to a side view or a front view,…you can see how this icon always changes.…
Now if I want, I can select that,…and just using my Move tool,…I can move it wherever I want.…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.