This video shows how to create both circles and polygons in SketchUp 2016. Circles and polygons are closely related to each other ,and George discusses the differences between the two. George shows how to draw circles along any axis, and then moves on to polygons. He shows how to control the number of sides in a polygon and the size.
- [Instructor] Now let's take a look at how to draw circles…and polygons.…Now circles and polygons are related.…They're very similar tools.…So we're going to cover them together.…So the first thing we want to do…is we want to go into Draw > Shapes,…and you'll see we have Circle and Polygon.…Now the circle tool is very similar to the arc tool.…So let's go ahead and select that; the hotkey is c.…We also have it here on the toolbox.…
And again, just like with any tool here,…we can change the axis of orientation here…by pressing our arrow keys.…And also notice how it has a number of sides.…This is very similar to the arc…where you can type in a specific number of sides…in the bottom right-hand corner.…So I'm going to leave this at the default 24…and left-click and drag, and there we go.…We have a circle.…It's very simple to draw circles in SketchUp.…
If we want to, we can draw circles of a specific size.…So if I were to left-click and drag,…I can make something with a radius of say six feet…and that would be a six-foot radius circle.…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Configuring toolbars and tray windows
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Measuring and labeling objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and rendering your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Draw in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Materials and Textures in Windows
8. Materials and Textures on the Mac
9. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.