Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Create circles and polygons, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- Now finally, we can also draw circles and polygons.…Now these are shapes because they're closed…and they create faces.…And the way that we draw them is very similar.…There are slight differences between them,…but they are similar.…So, we can find these under the Draw menu under Shapes.…We've already done Rectangle and Rotated Rectangle…but let's take a look at Circle and Polygon.…Now the hot key for circle is c…and we can also find it here in the toolbar.…
Now when I select the Circle tool,…it brings up a pencil icon with a little circle on it.…And all I really have to do is left click and drag.…But before I do that,…notice how in the bottom right hand corner,…it has a number of sides.…In this case, it's 24.…Now what this is going to do…is it's actually gonna create the circle…out of individual straight line segments…much like we saw with the Freehand and Arc tools.…And these individual line segments are smoothed…to create what looks like a circle.…
But the use of the tool is actually pretty simple.…All we have to do is left click and drag…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.