Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Create camera views, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- When we draw in SketchUp,…there are many times when we'll need to be…exactly aligned with an axis…and we can do that in SketchUp using what are called…standard views.…Now these align the camera exactly…to the axis that we want.…So if we go into Camera, you'll see that we have a…sub menu called Standard Views.…So if I select Top, for example,…it brings the camera above the scene…and points it straight down.…So here's my top view.…Now if I take another view,…say for example, the right view,…you'll see that, again, it positions the camera…along the red axis and gives me a right hand view.…
Now once we're in a view,…we can simply orbit out of it by middle-clicking…and dragging or selecting the orbit tool.…But let's go back into this right view.…Now when I go into a standard view like this,…it only moves the camera.…But if we want a true orthographic view,…we need to turn on what's called Parallel Projection.…So if I go into Camera, you'll see…we have Parallel Projection and that basically…gives us what's normally called an orthographic view.…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.