Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video The Create Group from Slice command, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So now we're in chapter 9-03,…and we're gonna create our group from Slice,…and need to be in our SketchUp model.…One of the easiest ways to get access to it…is to click on one of the views,…and then right-click and Open with SketchUp.…That takes us to our linked model.…Now our linked model is in chapter eight,…so wouldn't be in the chapter 9-03 folder anyway.…Couple things we need to do.…If we go to Camera and Perspective,…then we can zoom out with that,…so we can see what we've got.…
And we also need to turn on our plane,…so we can see our section plane.…It's this orange one here,…it's the highlighted one.…This is our active section.…Now, we'll just do the ground floor.…The first floor's gonna be the same.…Before I create my cut,…I just need to make sure I turn on…some of the other layers.…I'll just turn that back off so I can see what I want.…I want to have my second fix,…and my doors and my windows.…I want to cut through those as well.…So with the Layers, I go to my Doors,…and my Windows, and my SecondFix.…
This picks up things like the door frame,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.