Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling section visibility, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So we're in CH04-04, Controlling Section Visibility.…And we are now going to pull everything together.…We've got some scenes set up,…I've got a style and I've got some section planes…put into my model.…This is the active section cut.…So if I wanted my normal scene…to represent the geometry like this.…Then I'm fine with that, I can just right-click this…and update just in case.…But for my cut view I want now to show a section cut.…So what I would need to do is turn on the section cut…to display that, and then as I right-click…to update my scene I get this warning sign…saying "you are creating or updating a scene…and have not saved the changes you've made to the style."…So I'll cancel that, I'll update my style,…and I can then go onto my planes.…
And I'll show the planes, I'll turn off the section cuts,…and I'll try to right-click and update that.…And I get the same warning, so I cancel that.…Update my style, and now I've got this…looking the way I want it.…So I just go back through these…to see whether they're all working out for me.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.