Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring toolbars and trays in Windows, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- SketchUp has a variety of tools…that we can use and we can also arrange…our interface to include those tools…that we use the most.…Now the process for this is different…between Windows and OSX or the Macintosh.…So we're going to go through the Windows…version first and in the next movie,…we'll cover OSX.…So in Windows, we have a tool bar along the top.…Now these are just the basic tools you need…to use SketchUp.…
If we want to reveal more tools,…all we have to do is hover over the tool bar…and right-click.…And here we have all the different tools that we can use.…Now the one that I like the most…is called the Large Toolset.…Now if I click on this, it brings up this window here,…which has most of the tools that you'll need…to work in SketchUp from day to day.…But we can also turn on other types of menus.…So if I right-click over this,…I can for example, turn on the Shadows Toolbox,…which is very similar to the Shadows window tool…that we saw before.…
Now if I want, I can select this and I can move it around…and rearrange it in the interface.…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.