Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring toolbars for the Mac, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- If you're a Macintosh OSX user, configuring…tool bars in SketchUp is a little bit different,…so let me show you some of the basics here.…We can find our toolbars under View,…Tool Palettes.…Now we have a number of these.…One of the most important is this large tool set,…which I use elsewhere in the course.…We can also go into another one here…called Solid Tools.…And we have some additional ones here as well.…But if we want to, we can also customize…the tool bar.…
So if I go into here, it will give me an interface.…Now, my screen's not quite set up to display…this so you're not going to see all of it.…But basically, it's pretty self-explanatory.…All you have to do is select a tool,…and then just drag it up here onto the tool bar.…Now down in the bottom right hand corner,…you're not going to see this on the screen,…you'll see a "Done" button.…And so when you're done configuring your…toolbars, go ahead and click Done.…
And you'll have the tools that you want.…So hopefully this will help you get your…toolbars exactly the way that you want.…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut (2015)with Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.