Join Scott Onstott for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring keyboard shortcuts, part of Designing a Tiny House with SketchUp.
- Using keyboard shortcuts is one of the keys to working…more productively and more intuitively with SketchUp.…I provided a shortcuts Excel file in the exercise…files folder for you to customize.…I've also provided a pdf of the…same thing that you can print out.…I recommend that during this course,…you just print out the pdf and use the short cuts…as you see them here.…Then after the course, feel free to make any…changes that you see fit.…I've mapped the most commonly used commands…to single letter keys.…
This way, it works the same on the Mac and on Windows.…I've also arranged the short cuts so that they map…directly to the keyboard.…We work our way across the keyboard on…the top line from Q to P and then we have the second…row of keys, here, from A to L and…the third row from Z to M.…Then there's the space bar and some optional…extra shortcuts you can add at the bottom.…These require a modifier, so you have to press Shift…in conjunction with a letter.…
Many of these shortcuts are already…part of SketchUp by default, many of them are not.…
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows step-by-step how to build a tiny house, including every virtual stud, sheet of plywood, and appliance going into the project. Along the way, he explores SketchUp features such as components, groups, layers, and textures. By building a house in SketchUp in this detailed manner, you can work out any unforeseen spatial conflicts in the design and virtually eliminate construction problems before you are in the field.
- Importing the house plan
- Framing the structure
- Laying studs and framing walls
- Adding plywood sheathing
- Paneling the roof
- Adding trim, windows, and siding
- Adding interior plywood
- Modeling windows and frames
- Designing the bed, cabinets, counters, and shower
- Adding furniture
- Modeling the trailer
- Animating the tiny house design
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2015 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 54m Appropriate for all
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Framing the Structure
3. Sheathing the Exterior
4. Applying Exterior Trim, Windows, and Siding
5. Working on the Interior
6. Designing the Slide Out
7. Integrating Built-in Features
8. Adding Furniture
9. Modeling the Trailer and Animating the Tiny House
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.