This video shows Mac OS X users how to configure toolbars in SketchUp 2017. The default toolset is discussed, and the large toolset is also added to the interface. Additional toolbars can be added as needed, and the SketchUp interface can be customized by clicking and dragging tools to the desired location.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] Now let's take a look at…how to configure tool bars on the Mac.…Now this is a little bit different than Windows.…So let's take a look at this.…We can find tool bars under View.…So we have Tool Palettes.…And we have a number of standard ones here that we can use.…And probably the most important one is the Large Tool Set.…So if I open that up, you can see that it brings up…a tool bar that has most of the tools…that you'll need for SketchUp.…Now if you want, you can also customize the tool bar…by right-clicking here.…
And what this does is allows us to customize the toolbar.…Now when I do this, it brings up a list of all the tools.…Now some of this is actually scrolling off of my screen.…But, as you can see, we've got a number…of different tools here.…And if I want to, I can select one of those…and just drag it to that tool bar and click…the Done icon at the bottom right.…And now, I've got that additional tool on my tool bar.…So as you can see, the interface in OS X…is highly customizable.…
And you can drag and drop…
Note: The core features of SketchUp Make, the free version of SketchUp covered in this course, and SketchUp Pro, the paid version of the program, are identical. Users of both versions should be able to follow along with the training.
- Creating new camera views
- Configuring custom toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Creating 3D text in SketchUp
- Measuring and labeling objects
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials on Mac and Windows
- Animating and rendering your drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp 2016 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 12m Appropriate for all
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Draw in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Materials and Textures: Windows
8. Materials and Textures: Mac
9. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.