Complete the texture mapping process using the techniques from this chapter.
- [Instructor] At this point, I've covered…all the skills necessary to texture-map the model.…So you should proceed and texture-map…the remaining sides of the house.…For example, let's go into photo four,…and let's say I wanted to texture-map…this side of the house.…I would double-click on that, select…the top face here, project the textures…from the photo, and say No.…So then we have a texture that we can use,…and after this is done, you can make any adjustments…to the texture, if necessary, but repositioning it.…
In this case, it looks pretty good,…so I'll just say Done.…And then after that, you want to follow…that up by creating your own geometry…using the texture map for that valuable information.…So, I could go ahead and draw in a rectangle…here representing this window.…And then I could detail out that window however I see fit…just by using basic drawing tools.…
And once you have it dialed in the way you want,…you would then apply your own textures to that,…so I would then go over here and assign different textures…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.