Join Scott Onstott for an in-depth discussion in this video Completing the kitchen cabinets, part of Designing a Tiny House with SketchUp.
- We have some more cabinetry…to finish up here in the kitchen,…so let's go over here and…just sketch in a rectangle in this wall…and type in 16, 3/4.…This will be an upper cabinet…and this is the lower part of it.…So I'll double-click on that,…or rather triple-click to select the whole thing,…and move it against the wall.…Let's move this down to the counter,…and then we'll move it up.…And let's move it up two feet…so that the upper cabinet starts about there.…
I'm gonna pull this out using P for Push/Pull.…I'm gonna pull it out...…Let's see, I think two feet might be a little too far.…Let's go 1'9", like that.…Triple-click, group,…and assign the plywood material to it.…And let's build a vertical surface next to it.…So one way we can do that rather easily is by rotating this.…Let's rotate it right here…and press the Option key to make a copy…and rotate it up 90 degrees.…
Let's go into this copy and press N, pull this up.…Let's pull it up, actually,…to this intersection point right here.…So the intention here is to have a place to put…
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows step-by-step how to build a tiny house, including every virtual stud, sheet of plywood, and appliance going into the project. Along the way, he explores SketchUp features such as components, groups, layers, and textures. By building a house in SketchUp in this detailed manner, you can work out any unforeseen spatial conflicts in the design and virtually eliminate construction problems before you are in the field.
- Importing the house plan
- Framing the structure
- Laying studs and framing walls
- Adding plywood sheathing
- Paneling the roof
- Adding trim, windows, and siding
- Adding interior plywood
- Modeling windows and frames
- Designing the bed, cabinets, counters, and shower
- Adding furniture
- Modeling the trailer
- Animating the tiny house design
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2015 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 54m Appropriate for all
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Framing the Structure
3. Sheathing the Exterior
4. Applying Exterior Trim, Windows, and Siding
5. Working on the Interior
6. Designing the Slide Out
7. Integrating Built-in Features
8. Adding Furniture
9. Modeling the Trailer and Animating the Tiny House
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.