Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Completing the internal finishes, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- We've come to the end of CH06.…We're in CH06-12, and we're just gong to complete…the internal finishes.…Feel free to apply some fancy wallpaper…or some other, different colors to these various elements.…I'm going to put a timber baseboard in.…We'll just leave the walls and the window board white.…I'll address the carpet and the screed.…Let's just float the screed out first.…That's this one.…So, that's easy,…and the carpet,…which would be this one.…
So, that's sorted those two out.…Then, we've got this insulation, as well,…that we want to deal with.…If I select the carpet…and Shift select the screed,…right click and Hide,…then, I can apply my generic insulation material…to that and to this.…Remember that these are all grouped,…and inside the groups, are components.…So, double click to get into the group.…Then, double click to get into one of these components.…With our insulation color,…we can apply it to the edges,…and that sorts this one out, as well.…
I'm going to hit the space bar and click away…from this area of once into sort of nothing.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro Tips and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 24m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.