- Okay, we need to achieve this last end wall…but before we do, let's take a look at the other end wall.…We did this by using two sheets of plywood plus a strip.…Let's take a look at that strip.…I'm going to hide it by pressing h,…and then press x to go into x-ray mode.…Now if you look closely, you'll see this stud right here,…isn't quite centered.…I'm going to correct that by moving it over…from its midpoint over in this direction…and snap it right there where it intersects…with the sheet of plywood.…
Then I'll press t and measure the distance here…between these studs.…That's only 1/4".…I want to replicate that same arrangement on the other side.…I'll press u to unhide this strip,…and press x to go back into the regular mode.…Let's go around to the other side,…and do something similar here.…Let's copy this stud over…and then move it again another 1/4".…
So type, 1/4 Enter.…That will provide a nailing surface for the strip…and the adjacent piece of plywood.…Because this is the same geometric situation,…let's just copy the strip that we used over here,…
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows step-by-step how to build a tiny house, including every virtual stud, sheet of plywood, and appliance going into the project. Along the way, he explores SketchUp features such as components, groups, layers, and textures. By building a house in SketchUp in this detailed manner, you can work out any unforeseen spatial conflicts in the design and virtually eliminate construction problems before you are in the field.
- Importing the house plan
- Framing the structure
- Laying studs and framing walls
- Adding plywood sheathing
- Paneling the roof
- Adding trim, windows, and siding
- Adding interior plywood
- Modeling windows and frames
- Designing the bed, cabinets, counters, and shower
- Adding furniture
- Modeling the trailer
- Animating the tiny house design
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Framing the Structure
3. Sheathing the Exterior
4. Applying Exterior Trim, Windows, and Siding
5. Working on the Interior
6. Designing the Slide Out
7. Integrating Built-in Features
8. Adding Furniture
9. Modeling the Trailer and Animating the Tiny House
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.