Colorize and adjust the tiling size of a new material representing building siding.
- [Narrator] Let's focus on this surface.…So, double-click to open the group and select that surface.…Go to Photo 3, and click this button, and then, choose No.…Orbit, and you'll see the result.…Now, this texture isn't really going to work for us…because of the fence, the vegetation,…and the extreme distortion.…However, it does show us the location of this door.…So, let's press R for rectangle,…and click the upper left corner of the doorframe,…and then, click the lower right corner over here…along the lower edge,…then press O for offset and offset that…line in about five inches or so.…
Press B to access the Paint Bucket tool,…select the trim color, and assign that to those surfaces.…Then, press P and pull this out a half an inch.…The door wouldn't have trim on the bottom,…so I'll press P and carefully select that top surface…there and push it down to the bottom.…So now, we have a door, but we still need to…adjust this texture in some fashion.…
So, I think we're going to have to…start from scratch in this case.…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Appropriate for all
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.