Color the brackets with a solid color and then project and adjust textures on the pediments.
- [Instructor] Our next job is to colorize all…of the brackets that are here on…the front of the building.…And to texture the pediment areas…underneath the gables.…So let's begin by going into Photo1…and zooming in on one of the brackets.…You can see it has a dark brown stain…and I'd like to match that color more or less.…So I'll press B for the paint bucket tool.…I'll go to the color spectrum picker,…in this case,…and move the target over into this brown area,…and just change the brightness here…until it's a dark brown.…
Here's the color.…Then I'll click once on that bracket.…Now I can't actually see the result…because we're still looking at the…photo texture here in the matched photo.…So I need to orbit slightly to see that.…Now I'll just go ahead and click…on each bracket,…to assign that material,…all the way around.…Because each one of these is either a…group or a component,…I just have to click once and all of the faces…inside that object assume that material.…
So I think we have all of the brackets…and decorative beam ends.…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.