Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Modes, part of SketchUp Rendering Using V-Ray 2.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Having taken a look at a few of the controls…found in V-Ray's color mapping options,…time in this exercise for us to take a look at how…the various color mapping modes available…actually effect the color values that are being produced in…our final rendered images.…Now for the sake of speed we are, in this video,…going to be making use of some pre-rendered images…that have been opened up in the V-Ray frame buffer window…and then saved to the History List,…all of which you have access to in the images folder…that is a part of the exercise files download.…
These just help us make an examination of the differences…that each color mapping mode brings to the table.…To help even more with that,…we will in fact be looking at the images…in the V-Ray frame buffer window…with the display colors in SIGB space button turned off.…In other words, we are going to be looking at the…actual linear renders, produced by V-Ray,…with no gamma correction applied at all.…With the default of Reinhard set then,…this is how things would look in our scene,…
- Locating V-Ray tools and features
- Using the RT Engine
- Creating daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Using image-based lighting
- Working with irradiance mapping
- Handling perspective correction in the physical camera
- Setting up a depth of field effect
- Creating and applying V-Ray materials
- Using fixed-rate sampling
- Color mapping
- Working with V-Ray proxies
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray
2. Lighting the Place Up
3. Bouncing Our Light Around
Using brute force5m 6s
4. Working with the Physical Camera
5. It's a Material World
6. The Quality Control Department
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.