Extrude roof objects and clean up intersections. Also add a ceiling under the porch roof.
- [Instructor] Now we're going to go ahead…and model the roof over here,…so zoom in on the bargeboard, double click to open it,…click on the top surface, copy that to the clipboard,…click outside the group to close it,…and then choose Edit, Paste in Place,…to position that in the same location.…Press S for Scale, and click the right grip…here in the middle, to scale this over.…Scale it all the way over until it dives into…the roof volume over here,…but not so far that it appears on the other side.…
Now, looking more closely at this,…I observe that we have a problem underneath here,…and this problem is coming about…because the roof is going down too low.…So what we need to do is press the space bar…and select just this one edge,…and then move it along the inner edge…of the bargeboard right here, moving it along that edge,…and I want to also see what's happening…on the right side there, so as I move this up,…I need the visual indication over there on the right,…and I want to move it up just about to this location…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.