Clean up roof intersections and remove unwanted surfaces and edges.
- [Instructor] Now that we've created this new roof…here over the dining room, I noticed that…there's some cleanup that needs to happen.…For example, we shouldn't see roof underneath here…and we shouldn't see this roof extending over here either.…What we need to do is create valley lines that…split the surfaces and that will allow us…to remove surfaces which should not be there.…Looking more closely, observe that there's a tiny…gap here between the wall and the roof valley here.…
To fix that, in my particular case, I think…the most expedient solution would…be to move this roof up slightly.…To do that I'll double click on this…roof surface, orbit around, hold down…the shift key, double click on this…roof surface, and then click on each…one of the barge boards to select them all.…Then I'll press G to make a group.…Press M for move, and I'll click on…this surface here and press the up arrow to…indicate that I want to move in the blue direction.…
I just want to move it a very short distance,…let's try one enter for one inch, and that…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Appropriate for all
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.