Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Checking the sequence, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- In chapter 05-07, we're just going to check our sequence.…Now I've completed the sequence up to this point, Scene 19.…I haven't had the Transitions turned on, so it just jumps…from one to the other, it doesn't smoothly rotate.…Just to speed up the process, to do that,…under the View Menu, down to Animation and Settings,…and then we see under Scene Transitions,…under the Animation Panel, Enable Scene Transitions,…those being un-ticked.…
So that means it just jumps from one to the other,…so it just speeds up the whole process.…Nothing worse than having to wait for it to…slowly move from one to another…when you're just trying to set these things up.…Let's just run through these to show you what I've got…turned on and what I've got turned off for each scene.…The process is exactly the same…as we looked at in the last video,…so Scene One is just the ground,…Scene Two is the foundation.…Scene Three, you've got the below-ground brick.…Scene Four, the below-ground block.…
Scene Five we've got that cavity mortar.…And Scene Six is the backfill, so I've got the backfill,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.