Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video CAD furniture, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So I'm assuming that you possibly might have some…existing CAD blocks that you might want…to use as 2D, either sort of entourage,…like tables and chairs, furniture generally,…or some details that you might want…to bring in as 2D objects.…The process is quite simple,…but you can't take the directly into LayOut.…You have to have been through SketchUp.…So I've got a drawing here,…it's called CAD furniture.…I've also got one called CAD Trees.…
These are available if you have access to the files.…And what you'll do is make sure…that this is saved as a 2010 version or earlier of AutoCAD.…And then you can go into SketchUp…and File, Import,…and you can find the furniture and Open.…This is going to bring them in…as a series of components.…So you're already halfway there.…This is still 2D line detail.…
But when we take it into LayOut…we've got the option of a raster or a vector file.…So then we jump over to LayOut, and File and Insert.…If we go direct from SketchUp to LayOut,…we have to open up a new drawing.…So this is a nice way of bringing in that content.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.