Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Building the wall, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So in order to build our wall,…we need to put it on something.…Usually we'd have some sort of foundation.…In this case, there's not a huge amount…of weight going on this…so we'll put a simple strip foundation in.…Now this is 150 mil deep,…and it's 650 mil wide.…This gives about 150 mil, or six inches,…either side of the brick and the block.…This length, we've got about three and a half meters…I think,…and this side,…with a tape measure.…Let's look at that.…
That's about one five six six,…it's just a random length…based on the number of bricks we've got.…One two three four five six seven bricks that way,…and about 11 or 12 bricks this way.…It's say it's not 100% important…to copy the exact number of bricks,…but as long as we can show…sort of this window opening,…and then revealing the insulation…and the cavity fill at the bottom,…that will be absolutely fine.…So, we're looking at 150 by 650,…and three and a half meters, and about 1500 mil…going the other direction.…
So we're now in Chapter 2-03 Building the wall.…My components are all ready for me…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro Tips and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 25m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.