Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Building the low units, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Instructor] Chapter 7, 05,…we're going to be building the low units.…I've turned off my chimney, and my island unit,…just to give me a bit more space, inside here.…They're just tucked away in the outliner tool,…just hidden from view for the moment.…So, I've created a...…Elevation of the draw sizes,…so it'll save us a little bit of time.…If you have access to the exercise files,…then we need to go to the components,…and, click on this one, details.…
Open, or create a local collection.…And then the chapter seven, modeling the exterior fixtures,…in the exercise files, and then this one,…chapter seven components, and then select that folder.…And then, we've got these things loaded up.…Okay, like we had last time.…And this one, 07_02,…Kitchen units, if we click on this and bring it in,…it should be set to the right position.…We can drop it into the corner,…and that should stretch full-width.…If it doesn't, then something's gone a little bit awry.…
So, what we're going to do is...…Create some rectangles, and then we'll push-pull…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.