Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Building the left-side kitchen units, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Instructor] Chapter seven-oh-seven,…we're going to be building this left side of the kitchen.…So we're nearly done then, we've got the helmets…to put in, just wraps around this sort of shape…and across here, we've got the work top to add,…the cooker to put in, and we'll have to cut out…a little area here for the sink unit.…Now, I've created the volumes for the units,…this is the sort of tall larder unit…and then we've got some high level deeper shelves,…and then it steps back at this point,…this is the fridge unit is under this bit as well.…
And because space is a bit tight in this area,…what I'm going to suggest that you do is click…on the zoom tool,…and with the magnifying glass setup,…if you look at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen,…you'll see a field of view value,…currently set to 35 degrees.…If we change that to maybe about 60,…so we just type in 60, you don't have to click in the box,…and then hit enter, then this gives us,…as far as we are concerned, far more space inside.…
So now we can move around and zoom out a little bit,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.