Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Building the high units, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Educator] Chapter 7_06, we're going to do…a very similar task to the bottom bits…but we've got slightly less of them to do.…And we're going to just be careful where we put our rectangles.…I finished off by making this one…and I've turned this into component.…So I've called this lower unit left, I think,…and this one lower unit right.…I just organized the geometry.…Feel free to give them your own names,…and you can also use groups…instead of components if you prefer,…but as long as you've isolated the geometry.…Then we can build it into a bigger component later on.…
Okay, so rectangle tool at the ready.…We'll come in and just be careful this time,…because we're coming from this point…up to this point here.…There's a line missing there,…so that should be a pelmet trim.…And we'll come over and go from this point…down to this point here, okay?…Now we can push pull these this depth.…Just check the depth, 345,…so whatever the imperial equivalent is…from the tape measure tool,…then use that as your depth.…
I'm going to pull this out 345 mm.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.